Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I See London

I spent last week in London for work and I got to see quite a bit of the city's famous landmarks while I was there. It's a great city and I will definitely go back. I wish Daren would have been there to experience it too.

While there I took a ride on the London Eye (the huge farris wheel) and saw amazing views of the city. I also did a tour at Parliament and saw the House of Lords and the House of Commons..very neat. Toured Buckingham Palace and saw several of the State rooms where the Queen entertains guests. The tours are only done during the summer and I happen to be there right before it ended. It was really neat to be inside there. I also got to experience the changing of the Guard. That was crazy..there were people everywhere! I have some good photos and video of that. I visited Westminster Abbey and St. Paul's Cathedral. Both were so beautiful. I can't imagine how they built them so long ago. St. Paul's Cathedral is where Princess Diana and Prince Charles got married. I also saw the Tower of London and the Tower Bridge.

Here are a few pictures and video from the trip.



Tower Bridge


Tower of London



Westminster Abbey


Dome of St. Paul's Cathedral


Changing of the Guard


Buckingham Palace


Big Ben


Parliament


London Eye


National Gallery Museum



No comments:

Post a Comment

V Day